Sidi Amar, El-Hadjar Complex
|Tel:||+213 38 871 525|
|Fax:||+213 38 876 585|
|Marketing and Sales||Export Sales|
|Nirbhay Kumar||Purnendu Choudhury|
|Tel:||+213 38 87 1669||Tel:||+213 38 871 630|
|Fax:||+213 38 87 1830||Fax:||+213 38 871 830|
ArcelorMittal Annaba is a joint venture between ArcelorMittal (with 70 per cent share) and SIDER. It is the largest integrated, steel plant in the Maghreb region and is located 12 km south of the city of Annaba. It has a steel making capacity of 2.0 million tons a year. The plant has its own captive iron ore mines located in Ouenza and Boukhadra under the name Mittal Tebessa. Dedicated port facilities, connected by rail to the plant, ensure efficient movement of incoming raw material and despatch of finished products to the domestic and export markets.
ArcelorMittal Annaba uses both basic oxygen and electric steel making technologies for the manufacture of liquid steel. This is then cast into slabs / billets into respective Casting machines. The slabs are rolled in the hot strip mill. A portion of the hot rolled coils are further cold rolled in a tandem cold rolling mill after pickling. Depending on their final application, the cold rolled coils can be annealed and skin passed, hot dip galvanised or tin coated.
The billets are fed into the bar and rod mill. A part of the liquid steel from the electric arc furnace is cast into ingots which are used in the manufacture of seamless tubes in the pilger mill.
ArcelorMittal Annaba’s finished product range includes hot rolled and cold rolled coils and sheets, hot dipped galvanised products, tin plates, wire rod, rebar and seamless tubes. With a strong hold on its domestic market, the company exports its output to other Maghreb countries, Europe, the Middle East, China and South East Asia.
With the modernisation of the hot strip mill and most of other projects completed, ArcelorMittal Annaba is well positioned to satisfy its customers in terms of quality and delivery.
- Two coke oven batteries with a combined capacity of 1.2 million tpa - of which one is in operation
- Two sintering plants with a combined capacity of 3.57 million tpa – of which one is in operation
- Two blast furnaces with a capacity of 2.1 million tpa
- Three steel melt shops, Two with converter and one with Electric Arc furnace
- Semi-continuous hot strip mill with a capacity of 1.8 million tpa
- Five stand tandem cold rolling mill with a capacity of 1.05 million tpa and 0.2 million tpa reversible cold rolling mill – of which tandem is in operation.
- Two galvanising lines with a capacity of 0.3 million tpa – of which one is in operation
- One Electrolytic tinning line with a capacity of 90,000 tpa
- One Seamless tube mill with a capacity of 0.7 million tpa
- One Bar and rod mill with a capacity of 0.45 million tpa
- One Bar mill with a capacity of 0.4 million tpa