|-||Rest of World|
Str. Plata Iancu de Hunedoara, nr 1
|Tel:||+40 254 712 783|
|Fax:||+40 254 715 311|
ArcelorMittal Hunedoara is located in Hunedoara county near Romania’s western border. The company produces long products – continuous cast billets, hot rolled profiles, hot rolled bars, structural steel and wire rod. It has an annual steelmaking and rolling capacity of approximately 750,000 tonnes and enjoys access to the Danube and Black Sea.
The company was acquired by ArcelorMittal in March 2004. A $12 million investment programme is aimed at improving the quality and technology of ArcelorMittal Hunedoara’s production facilities over the next ten years. The main focus of that investment will be the modernisation of the electric arc furnace and the upgrading of the finishing mills. A further $4.1 million has been set aside for environmental projects.
- Two electric steel mills
- Number one: carbon steels, quality carbon steels, low alloyed/alloyed/high alloyed steels supplied to the forging shop and 800mm rolling mill
- Number two: carbon steels, quality carbon steels, low alloyed and alloyed steels for conti-cast billets for seamless pipes and long rolled products
- Rolled products facility
- 800mm rolling mill – ingot steels to produce alloyed and high alloyed round bars
- Heavy sections rolling mill – continuous cast blooms to prepare the semi-finished products for the finishing rolling mills
- Middle and light section and wire rod rolling mills – to produce rounds, squares, flats in heavy, middle and light sections