|-||Rest of World|
Str. Smardan nr. 1
|Tel:||+40 236 407634|
|+40 236 407633|
|Fax:||+40 236 407635|
Sales and Marketing
|Tel:||+40 236 407349|
|Fax:||+40 236 407670|
ArcelorMittal Galati is the largest integrated iron and steel works in Romania, accounting for over 50 per cent of the country’s steel production. Built in the 1960s, ArcelorMittal Galati is an integrated blast furnace BOF operation with a capacity of 5.5 million tons. It produces high-quality plate, hot and cold rolled sheet, galvanised sheet, large diameter longitudinally welded pipes and blooms as billets. Two-third of its production is exported – to more than 40 countries.
The company was privatised in 2001 when it was acquired by ArcelorMittal Galati. With a major modernisation programme underway, the company has set itself the goal of becoming the operating benchmark for steelmaking in Central and Eastern Europe. ArcelorMittal Galati has long produced the high quality steel required by the world’s most demanding industries – including shipbuilding, the automotive sector, construction and earth moving, oil and gas. The company has achieved certification standards as diverse as the industries it serves.
Now, with the introduction of a new customer relationship programme, Customer Dynamics, each customer has a single contact point within the company. There has been a measurable improvement in the efficient expedition of orders and the meeting of delivery targets.
ArcelorMittal Galati enjoys ready access to the world’s sea routes as well as other transport infrastructure. The plant is located at the Danube port of Galati, 80 miles from the Black Sea. The river is navigable to ships of up to 30,000 tdw. Barge convoys, linking the Black Sea with Germany, Austria, Hungary, Serbia, Slovakia, Bulgaria and Ukraine, pass through Galati. There is also access to Romania’s main port, Constanta, via the Danube or Danube-Black Sea canal.
In addition to the head office at Galati, the company has two regional offices – one in Turkey, the other in Vienna. ArcelorMittal Galati is an associate member of Eurofer.
- Six coke oven batteries with a combined capacity of 2.1 million tpa
- 8 million tpa sinter plants
- Six blast furnaces, with a capacity of 5.1 million tpa, of which five are in operation, and a converter and vacuum degasser
- 4-strand, curved mould slab caster with a capacity of 4.4 million tpa
- Bloom and billet mills with a combined capacity of 4.3 million tpa
- Plate mills with a capacity of 2.3 million tpa
- Hot rolling mill with a capacity of 3.2 million tpa
- Cold rolling mill with a capacity of 1.1 million tpa
- 220,000 tpa galvanising line
- 44,000 tpa welded pipe mill