4000, route des Aciéries
Québec JOL 1CO
||+1 450 587 8600
||+1 800 361 2605
||+1 450 442 7747
ArcelorMittal Canada is Canada’s fourth largest steel producer and the only Canadian steelmaker using internally produced direct reduced iron (DRI) as its primary metallic input. It installed the world’s third DRI plant in the early 1970s and has developed unparalleled know-how in DRI production.
The company’s wide range of high-quality flat and long steel products is sold mainly in Canada and the USA to the automotive, engineering, construction and other industries. Its subsidiaries and joint ventures produce wire and bar (ArcelorMittal Walker Wire Inc.), wire (ArcelorMittal Acufil Inc.), pipe (Delta Tubes), galvanised products (Sorevco) and processed scrap (Sidbec Feruni and Deitcher & Frère).
Its plants are located near substantial iron ore reserves with easy access to hydroelectricity, natural gas and a water terminal on the St Lawrence for receipt of iron ore and shipment of steel products.
The steel plant, rod mill and pipe mill have a quality system registered under ISO 9001-2000. The bar mill and flat mills are QS-9000 certified. The laboratories maintain ISO 17025 certification.
Usine de Contrecoeur
- Two DRI Midrex ™ plants
- Two 140-tonne electric arc furnaces with a capacity of 1.7 million tpa of liquid steel
- Two 140-tonne ladle furnaces
- Single strand continuous slab caster
- Six strand continuous billet caster
- Hot strip mill with a 2hi reversing stand and a 4hi steckel mill
- Cold rolling mill with a pickling line, two Sendzimir cold rolling mills, 19 annealing furnaces and a temper mill
- Rod and bar mill with 25 finishing stands and a maximum finishing speed of 100 metres per second
Usine de Longueuil
- Bar mill with 16 stands and automatic bundling equipment
Tuberie de Montreal
The plants extensive facilities are located close to substantial iron ore reserves, with easy access to hydroelectricity, natural gas and a water terminal on the St. Lawrence River - for receipt of iron ore and shipment of steel products.
Subsidiaries and joint ventures
Sorevco and Company, Limited (Canada)
Delta Tube and Company, Limited (Canada)
Deitcher Brothers (1992) Inc. (Canada)
ArcelorMittal Feruni Inc.
Fers et Métaux Recyclés Ltée